Melbourne Motor Show 2011
I just received the press release for the Melbourne Motor Show 2011 in the mail, have a look below:
NEW ERA FOR MELBOURNE’S MOTOR SHOW
Major international motor shows return to Melbourne in 2011 with the Australian International Motor Show being held in the Victorian capital for the first time.
The new event is the result of the organisers of the motor shows in Melbourne, the Victorian Automotive Chamber of Commerce (VACC), and Sydney, the Federal Chamber of Automotive Industries (FCAI), joining forces to create one annual show which alternate between the two locations each year.
This year’s event takes place from 1 to 10 July at the Melbourne Convention and Exhibition Centre.
It is the first major motor show in Melbourne for more than two years.
The show also promises to be the biggest in Melbourne for many years, with exhibitors committing to a larger presence and promising to reveal a host of new models and concept cars.
The 2011 event is being used to revamp the Australian International Motor Show’s online and media presence.
A new, dynamic and user-friendly Australian International Motor Show website is now online at www.motorshow.com.au.
Tickets will go on sale through the website on Thursday, 24 March.
Organisers will be running competitions and giving away innovative prizes between March and July via the event’s Twitter feed and Facebook page.
AIMS event director Russ Tyrie believes Melburnians will come out in force to get their first taste of motor show glitz since the beginning of 2009.
“The motor show has been a tradition, and iconic event in Melbourne for more than 80 years, and our last show here was warmly received by exhibitors and patrons,” said Mr Tyrie.
“I’m expecting that after a two-year absence, there will be strong enthusiasm for checking out the latest in automotive trends and technologies on show.
“Certainly, with the success we had in Sydney last year, it seems that the show will be substantially bigger than the last time we were in Melbourne – with a lot of exhibitors asking for more space.
“All indications from manufacturers are that there are going to be a number of exciting future models and concept cars,” Mr Tyrie said.
One of those new models being unveiled to the Melbourne public will be Peugeot’s updated 308 range.
The 308 is the French brand’s biggest seller in Australia, and will be making its local debut at the Melbourne show in all three guises – hatchback, Touring wagon, and coupe-cabriolet.
Peugeot Automobiles Australia national marketing manager, Richard Grant, says the 308 is the latest in a list of new models re-invigorating the brand.
“One year ago, we embarked on re-branding Peugeot globally,” said Mr Grant.
“This included a spectacular concept car called the SR1, which showcased the direction for Peugeot design.
“This new 308 is an example of that widely acclaimed style being applied to our most popular model in Australia.
“I can’t think of a better way to introduce Peugeot’s new design language to the Australian public, than at Melbourne’s newly re-branded motor show.”
Keep up to date at www.motorshow.com.au or via Twitter at #themotorshow