Photoshoot: Ferrari 360 Modena
Last Sunday morning I spent some time with a great looking Ferrari 360 Modena for some photos.
The car was perfectly detailed for the shoot and was as shiny as they come when they leave the factory. Seeing the car drive up, the first thing I noticed was how the back of the car was lowered, which works really well with the car.
We took it to the underground parking for the main series of shots. After that we headed to Milsons Point for a scenic photo before going on a short cruise.
The best way to spend a beautiful Sunday morning in Sydney.
The Ferrari 360 is a 2 seater sports car built by Ferrari from 1999 to 2005. It succeeded the Ferrari F355 and was replaced by the Ferrari F430. It is a mid-engined, rear wheel drive V8-powered coupe.
Ferrari partnered with Alcoa to produce an entirely new all aluminum space-frame chassis that was 40% stiffer than the F355 which had utilized steel. The design was 28% lighter despite a 10% increase in overall dimensions. Along with a lightweight frame the new Pininfarina body styling deviated from traditions of the previous decade’s sharp angles and flip-up headlights. The new V8 engine, common to all versions, utilizes a 3.6 litre capacity, flat plane crankshaft, titanium con-rods and generates 400 bhp (300 kW). Despite what looks like on paper modest gains in reality the power to weight ratio was significantly improved on over the F355, this was due to the combination of both a lighter car and more power. The 0 to 100 km/h (62 mph) acceleration performance improved from 4.6 to 4.3 seconds.
The first model to be rolled out was the 360 Modena followed later by the 360 Spider and finally as a special edition, the Challenge Stradale.
- No. of cylinders: 90° V8 F131
- Bore & stroke: 85 by 79 mm (3.34 by 3.11 in)
- Total displacement: 3586 cc (218.8 in³)
- Redline: 8500 rpm
- Maximum power: 405 PS (300 kW; 400 bhp) @ 8500 rpm
- Maximum torque: 373 N·m (275 lbf·ft) @ 4750 rpm
- Top speed: 304 km/h
- Downforce: 180 kgf (1.77 kN) @ 300 km/h (without rear wing)
- Lift/drag: -0.73:1
- 0-30 mph (48 km/h): 1.8 s
- 0-40 mph (64 km/h): 2.3 s
- 0-50 mph (80 km/h): 3.1 s
- 0-60 mph (97 km/h): 4.2 s
- 0-70 mph (110 km/h): 5.9 s
- 0-80 mph (130 km/h): 7.0 s
- 0-90 mph (140 km/h): 8.6 s
- 0-111 mph (179 km/h): 9.8 s
- Standing 1/4 Mile: 12.8 s/110.6 mph (178.0 km/h)
- Braking: 60 mph (97 km/h)-0 mph: 117 ft (36 m)
Details from Wikipedia
Don’t forget to LIKE my Facebook page to stay up-to-date with all the coolest cars in Sydney.
DO NOT use the photos without written permission. DO NOT STEAL. All Rights Reserved.